Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What is "enlightenment"


Speaking to my Immersion Participants the other night, I found myself lost in a profound moment of realization; Enlightenment is totally and absolutely obtainable for every single person sitting in front of me. In fact, Enlightenment is not only obtainable, but....OMG...they have all experienced it already and just don't know it! I HAVE EXPERIENCED IT TOOOOO!!

This realization has come after years and years of questing for some amazing Kundalini experience of divine bliss and union with Spirit. Years of meditation, workshops, yoga, gem therapy, reiki, acupuncture, hypnotherapy, regression and yes there was even that tantric shamanic water journey where everyone but me got naked in a pool and "rebirthed" (I kept my bathing suit on..shy) As I've heard Bryan Kest say...I've been waiting for Kundalini to awaken and shoot up my A#s!

Now I wouldn't take a minute of my questing back. I've had a ball and I love yoga, meditation and playing in the Astral fields, but I want to share with you my realization and it may save you some time and money. Buddha would not share with his disciples what Enlightment was. He would only share with them, what it was not. He did not share what it was because our silly egos would choose to make it some unobtainable thing that only people like Mother Theresa, Jesus (and yes, he was born enlightened) and Gandhi would get to experience. We would decide that we had to be walking that path to obtain it. Well, our egos did that anyway so I will share.

First, Buddha said that Enlightenment is not suffering. Enlightenment is NOT SUFFERING. Enlightenment is simply not suffering. Can you find a moment in your life when you were just happy and floating along? Can you find a moment when everything was just groovy? Your body felt great, you felt vibrant and alive, your mind was happy and you were simply enjoying your existence. A moment. Just one. I know you can find one and probably many. Those were moments of Enlightenment. You already know what it feels like.

When you are not suffering, you are happy. Happy = Enlightenment. Totally obtainable. Already experienced in many moments by the masses.
During the Immersion we do a lot of things that work together to facilitate happiness (read enlightenment). We eat better, move more, embrace mindfulness, meditation and quiet. We work on letting go of the past and planning for our future. We cultivate the pure qualities of our soul and move away from the "not so pure" qualities of our ego. Ultimately we embrace our life's purpose and, you guessed it, we get happy. LEARN MORE about the Elemental Immersion.

No comments:

Post a Comment