Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What will you gain when you lose?

I was watching TV the other night and Special K had a commercial. The theme was "What will you gain when you lose?". It's a good ad and I think it will really resonate with the general mainstream public. People step on scales and great messages like "poise" and "charm" pop up instead of your weight. I like special K. I like how they are trying to motivate people.

BUT, you see, the problem is........

I'm a yogi. I don't have to lose to gain. In fact, I don't have to work to lose (we are talking about the weight that they are talking about). The gain they are talking about is confidence and poise and self-esteem. BUT. I don't have to lose (weight) to have that. Confidence, poise, self-esteem and love for self don't come with weight loss. Those qualities are qualities of your soul which you already possess. Regardless of your size, regardless of your goals to look like a super model, I want you to to know that you already have poise, self-esteem and confidence.

Those qualities come from your soul. You already have those qualities regardless of your physical condition. Those qualities come from your soul. Should I repeat? Your soul couldn't give a crud how big you are. Your ego cares and of course we need to soothe that HUGE guy on many levels, but.....

You guys are so perfect. I see you (do think Avatar here). I see you. I see you. I see you. Sometimes I'm frightened by the actual beauty that I see. Every day look at yourself in the mirror just the way you are and see beauty. You are charming already. You are poised already.

No comments:

Post a Comment