Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Every HUGE success includes a HUGE break


I've been working on the Montgomery Space for the past week preparing for our opening on February 6th. Honestly, there's not a lot to do there. It's already gorgeous.

The floors are bamboo, the walls are light yellow and we have 2,100 square feet of open space to play in. For perspective, Lebanon is around 700 super narrow square feet. 700 square feet will happily fit 15 yogis.

I've had the opportunity to hang out there a bit and meditate in the space. The energy is very grounding. When you sit still, a soft warm energy comes to you...it finds you. I was a little concerned that the cars on Montgomery would bother me, but they are actually quite soothing. It's like you have walked into a cocoon....another world...and the cars outside remind you that you are missing nothing. It's so quiet. I don't want to use the word "smug", but I do feel "smug" knowing that I'm sitting in a haven and those people are flying by and they have no idea what's waiting for them.

I want them to come in. I want the studio to fill up with yogis, but I have so enjoyed my solitude there. Absolute peace. Oddly, I don't even have that winding up feeling that my Vata head gets when I'm planning something. There's just a sense of calm and simple peace.

I feel so blessed. I feel like Spirit held this space for us. Our landlord's name is Sid. He's 86 and lives in Florida. When he remodeled to attract a new tenant, he left it up to his real estate agent. She's a yogi...hence the bamboo floor. Sid refused to rent to every offer he had for the space over the past year. He didn't like their business concepts. The place has sat empty.

I told Sid that I was a bit scared to pay so much for premium space in Montgomery given that Yoga Connection closed and to be perfectly honest, yoga is a tenuous business. He dropped my rent by 1/3 and gave me 6 months out for the next 2 years. He's giving us a chance...a huge break...an unbelievable opportunity.

I've been reading Deepak's book, "The Soul of Leadership". In his book, Deepak says that every success story...every HUGE success story...starts with coincidence and ends with a HUGE break. Thank you God, Yogis, Lebanon and now Montgomery for this huge break. EOM will serve you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment