Friday, February 11, 2011

Where are we? Me? Us?

It’s early and I’m sitting on the rug of the new Montgomery Studio. We don’t have much seating yet, but I plan to go this weekend and get us a sage green sectional to hang out on. The walls and check in counter come this Sunday. I rushed in here because I was so excited to see if anyone attended slow flow with Stacy or Kundalini with Andrea. We had 5 people....awesome. The word will slowly get out. We are having a “soft opening”. I’m doing that because I want to make sure all the kinks are out and all the fixtures are in before the “grand event”. (2/25...mark your calendar).


Sitting here, I realize that I have spent the last month and 1/2 in a frenzy working 16 hours a day. I like to work so I will tell you that its been fun and that I don’t mind, but now that it’s winding down, I’m tired. There needs to be a balance of work and play. With the exception of catching up on bills and accounting, this weekend is play. Teaching, practicing, meditating, decorating and shopping. I can’t wait for today. I guess that’s why I’m here so early.


In my frenzy, I haven’t really kept any of you posted so here is an update:


Cancer Scare:

It’s all good. Negative on the biopsy. I go back in a couple more months. I’m grateful for that experience. It truly lit a fire under me to get things going in a big way (hence the 16 hour days and the frenzy of activity). I’m taking better care of my body and resting more too. This week I double my meditations and my yoga. I find I'm in an "odd" place with my intentions. I can only intend to meditate and pray more for clarity. Sometimes that happens. I'm actively seeking involvement with the Cancer Society. If I don't hear back soon, I'm going to develop a cleansing program for Cancer. Thank you all for your kindness and concern. It meant so much to me.


Red Bank:

This has been a bit of a painful process. I will not be moving forward with Red Bank. Some of my “occupancy” concerns have come to fruition and my landlord is refusing to put in some safety measures that are required by code. I’ve invested heavily in decorations, fixtures and hard physical labor, so I’ve been tempted to just keep paying for all the things that “pop” up. Unfortunately the terms of my lease require that the landlord do it and it’s simply getting to the stage where I am being taken advantage of. Red Bank was always a 1 year solution for me to reach deeper into Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky with my cleansing program. The space was going to be super cute when I was done, but I suppose it wasn’t perfect.


Montgomery is perfect. It has that “magical” quality that Lebanon has as well. It all worked out in the end and the financial loss is simply something to let go of. My ego is bruised a bit and I’ve disappointed some yogis who wanted us closer to them, so that hurts a bit. It’s good to know that my ego is still intact and that I have yogis in Cinci thought! The third studio will come. I need a trilogy.....Fire (Lebanon), Earth (Montgomery) and Wind (some awesome old neglected building close to Cinci).


Lebanon:

There’s a wee bit of concern for Lebanon as attendance at our classes has diminished. We are in a rebuilding stage there. The loss of one of our regular instructors has been felt as some of her biggest fans have either quit their practice or are going elsewhere. There’s gossip that another studio is being planned in Lebanon. It doesn’t really matter. We will simply keep doing what we do which is to provide a haven for healing. I’ve always intended that Lebanon become a donation studio and I am working hard toward that. Just keep coming and think wonderful thoughts when you are there.


I’m committed to Lebanon. I’m very attached to that space. Most don’t realize that the construction and creation of that space is what got me through my biggest life change...divorce. The first summer of my divorce, I went to that poor sad building every single day and physically worked to rehab it. It was my rehab. The exposed brick walls that we love were done with a hammer, by me...alone. It took about two months to hammer and chisel off the horse hair plaster that covered those walls. Every swing of the hammer chiseled away at that poor neglected building and at my poor neglected heart.


Sometimes when I am alone in the studio I simply lean my head against the wall upstairs and remember. I remember all that I’ve been through, how far I've come and how far I have to go. When I look at the yoga room I think about all the things I’ve learned that I want to teach and all the things I have to learn that my yogis are teaching me. Something magical lives there and you feel it the minute you walk through our sunny door.


Special Requests:

I have a few requests.
  • Bring a friend to your practice.
  • Help me get the word out in Lebanon and Cincinnati. Forward my emails.
  • Sign up for some of the workshops....we have an amazing line up.
  • Try something new.
  • I’m building a library in Montgomery just like in Lebanon. We have 1 book. Please donate any health, healing or spiritual books that you are done with. Others will really appreciate it.
  • We are running a special..... $40 for a 30 day unlimited pass. It’s online. If you have a pass in the box (not unlimited) we will set it aside for you and you can go back to it.
  • Practice more yoga. 2 - 3 times per week.
  • This Sunday in Montgomery is the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success ($20 donation). Please come and enjoy and check out our new space.


Blessings! Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment