Why is there such a demand for increased energy?
Why are we feeling so tired and lethargic?
Are supplements the answer?
Everyone is looking for ways to increase their energy. Company's (even the holistic ones) are now selling "energy" drinks, energy supplements and tooting the benefits of vitamins and a whole lot more!
We are simply doing too much, not sleeping and making poor food choices that long term (a) don't give us the nutrition we need and (b) destroy our digestive fire so that when we do get the nutrition we need, we can't even begin to properly absorb it.
For those of you who are doing too much, have no time and probably just want to pop a supplement to get you through, read the following and go to the store:
B12, B6, C, D and E
For those of you who want to start to really live again, think about the root cause of your energy slump. Do you have any of the following habits?
- Processed Fast Foods and Sugars
- Staying up late
- Skipping meals
- Non-stop running around
- Stressful jobs
- Unhappy Marriage
- Small Children
- Illness, Disease or Weight Gain
If you are experiencing any of these situations, we need to take control of your life. Now obviously, you can't simply quit your job, leave your spouse or abandon your children (nor do you want to). That would actually just cause you to lose more energy. What you want to do are small little shifts that are manageable to get some of these situations under control. What can you do?
- Go ahead and take the supplements. They will only help you and the simple act of getting up in the morning with a healthy glass of organic OJ and some supplements is going to remind you that you are on a "get healthy" path.
- Eat 3 meals a day around the same time each day.
- Favor whole grains, beans, veggies, fruits, nuts and oils...in that order.
- Get up and go to bed around the same time each day.
- Begin to monitor your consumption of alcohol, processed foods and caffeine. Start to slowly cut your consumption by replacing alcohol with fruit juice, processed foods with packed lunches and caffeine with decaf teas.
- Take a 2 hour (or more) "noise" break each day. Turn off the TV, the stereo and the cell phone. (shhhhh..stop talking so much too).
- Spend a little time in nature each day...go for a walk and enjoy.
- Sit down with pen and paper and make a 3 month plan for (1) getting some "me" time in each day that includes eating good and movement and (2) shifting some of the stressful situations in your life.
This will get you going in the right direction. For a total "reset", clarity and maximum energy, I want you to experience the Elemental Cleanse. It incorporates all of the above and much much more to dramatically improve your life on all levels.