Monday, June 27, 2011

Just Keep Trying....

This past Saturday in the Montgomery Studio, a group of yogis joined in our Hula Hoop Workshop. Mindy Ayers was teaching and she packed the house. The house was so packed, in fact, that I decided to give up my spot so that our clients could enjoy. Sitting outside the room, I heard Mindy say the best thing I've ever heard in recent years. It was presented in a simple, matter of fact way. It was said just the way you would talk to a child that you really really cared about. She said it to the group and it fluttered to my ears my sweet music....



"Just keep trying"



Wowsie! I haven't heard anyone say that to me since I was little. I don't even know if I heard it then. I was always that kid who had to do it all on my own... still am. At the age of 42, mostly people just tell me what I can't do.



I tell you what...I heard her say that and I picked up an extra hula and went out to the parking lot in the front of the studio. Mindy had given me a quickie lesson the day before that I totally failed. I picked up that hoop and started the hula. Her voice singing sweetly in my ear.... I just kept trying. You know what? After about 5 minutes I was hooping. At the age of 42, I was hooping. I've never been able to hoop. Hah! I just kept trying.



What are trying to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment