Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Spiritual Summer...

I found myself at the bookstore yesterday escaping the oppressive heat and humidity of our Memorial Weekend in Cincinnati.  I absolutely love Cincinnati and have learned to rest into our hot, humid summers.  I feel its a small price to play for the glory of the spring and fall that no other state can rival.  Oddly, I migrated to the magazine rack where a cover of National Geographic caught my attention.  The topic was solar flares and there was a picture of the sun in full flare.   It was amazing.  Standing there thinking about the fact that I am standing on this little planet Earth and can feel the heat of the sun on my face moved me to tears.

How do we not go outside every single day and drop to our knees with gratitude for this miracle that we call life?  How have we gotten so far removed from the natural wonder that sustains us?  When did we begin to think of our planet as a machine instead of a miracle?  

I've intended to have a Spiritual summer.  I want to immerse myself in nature.  I want to touch every leaf, flower and creature that will allow my hand come near.  I want to sit for hours by my little pond under my honey locust trees and marvel at the complexity and diversity of the wildlife that joins me in suburbia.  I want to hike through the woods, sit in a field, wade through a creek, swim in a lake and get my hands dirty in the earth.  I want to turn my face to the sun each day in gratitude and lay down in the moonlight in amazement.

I want this Earth to know how much I love her. 

How will you spend your summer?

Om Shanti,  Pamela

1 comment:

  1. My sentiments exactly Pamela, and have already put this frame of mind into action!! My pansy basket had the surprise of having my face in the middle of it the other morn...haha ;-).

    It was a true pleasure meeting you at last weeks Kundalini class in Montgomery. As a fellow female entrepreneur, I admire how you've brought your passion to fruition & look forward to experiencing more of what it has to offer!

    Namaste~

    Jenny Ross

    ReplyDelete