Friday, June 8, 2012

Fuzzy teeth

I ran out of toothpaste over this past weekend.  It took me until last night to finally secure some.  It wasn't due to lack of effort. I actually stopped by or tried to stop by CVS three times.  When I did stop by, I became distracted by everything else and forgot why I want in the first place...Vata head.  At the studio, we are out of my favorite Neem toothpaste so no hope there.

It hasn't been all bad though.  It's reinvigorated some of my Ayurvedic practices that are supposed to be part of a healthy daily routine.  This is what I did for about 5 days and I'm continuing with the exception of using toothpaste as well.

  • Fill mouth with Neem Mouthwash and brush teeth pretending it's toothpaste.
  • Swish with Sesame Oil.   This is called oil pulling.  Sesame oil is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and I could go on.  Simply swish until the oil turns white.  It's a little off-putting at first, but it feels so good and your gums sparkle.
  • Use tongue scraper to scrape the ama or toxicity off of the tongue.  Ama is the yucky white coating that you get on your tongue from poor choice-making.  I sell stainless steel tongue scrapers in the studio.  I forgot how much I LOVE this practice.  By day 3 my tongue was so nice and pink.  It is said to improve digestion as it stimulates the glands of the mouth.  It's so awesome.  
  • Floss.  They say that people who floss live 3 years longer.
  • Swish with Neem Mouthwash again and you are good to go!

Honestly, toothpaste might be overrated. 



Happy Smiles!  Om Shanti,  Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment