Friday, August 3, 2012

Health Status Quiz

The western definition of health is basically the "absence of disease."  What this means is that you can go to the doctor when you are feeling bad, have a ton of tests run, results come back normal and the doctor looks you in the eye and honestly tells you that they can't find anything and nothing is wrong with you.  This is no fault of their own, it's just the way we view health in America.

An Ayurvedic perspective of health is much more rich.  Health is viewed as having balanced doshas or energies of the body and mind, perfect digestion, appropriate metabolism for time of life, healthy tissues, the ability to discern and...drum roll...happiness.  

So, are you healthy from an Ayurvedic perspective?  Here's some questions you should be able to agree with:

I sleep well.
I wake up feeling fresh each morning.
I do not need to nap.
I eliminate daily at least once and not more than twice.
My elimination is easy and without effort happening at an appropriate time each day.
My joints are loose.
I am not suffering from inflammation.
I can focus, listen and understand.
I am able to make decisions that benefit self and others.
I enjoy other people.
I find that I am compassionate and nonjudgmental most of the time.
I am tolerating the summer heat and not suffering in excess from it.
I choose the more nourishing choice for food 95% of the time.  That means when choosing between and apple and a cookie, I choose the apple.
I have time in each day to relax and take care of myself.
I am of an appropriate weight and like my body.
My skin is clear, soft, and subtle.
My eyes sparkle.

 If you answered yes to these, you are in good shape.  If you answered no, what changes can you make in your routine, diet and life to allow health to blossom.  You might consider participating in The Elemental Cleanse. This course is offered online as an ecourse to be done in the comfort of your own home.  It's a 28 day immersion into Ayurveda that results in health!  


The In Person Elemental Cleanse Experience starts on Monday at 6 pm in the Montgomery Studio.  You can work with me and receive special attention!  email>>>
 
Om Shanti, Pamela

1 comment: