Sunday, September 12, 2010

Change, changeable and fall

It seems that everyone gets motivated to get in shape and lose weight in January, but fall has always seemed to make the most sense to me. Perhaps its because I personally tend to overindulge during the summer months...cookouts, chardonnay and lots of time at amusement parks and baseball games. I can't resist a snow cone on a hot summer day. During the summer I tend to put on a few ponds, not to mention my routine gets disrupted with the kids time off from school. I always feel a little out of it by summer's end. Honestly, I get a little grumpy.

Perhaps too, it's that the fall brings in The Wind or Vata season. The natural accumulation of Ama, toxic ick, wants to move with the push of the Wind. (Do notice that lots of people get light coughs this time of year). It seems much easier to me to embrace the normalization of routine and nutrition because the Wind gives me the energy of change and creation. In the fall, I want to learn. It just feels right.

I think the other thing about the Fall that makes me want to really get in shape and be my best is that I know the holidays are coming. Going into them looking good and feeling great makes and keeps me happy. Over the holidays I tend to go to more parties in cuter outfits. (read skimpier) I tend to see some people only around that time and I always want to look my best. (read I want to show off the benefits of yoga and meditation...okay fine, I just want them to think I still look hot at age 41).

If you are interested in shifting some pounds, learning to meditate, learning to relax or just learning consider signing up for the Elemental Immersion. It's a 5 week program that teaches you about meditation, mindfulness, stress reduction, life purpose and nutrition in the form of Ayurveda. It's a very gentle cleanse that allows your body to efficiently release accumulated ick. We've sold out on Tuesday and Thursday, but there is still room on Mondays and Saturdays. Monday starts the 13th at 7 pm in Cincinnati and Saturday starts the 18th at 11 am in Cincinnati. I know it's last minute at this point, but if you have to miss Monday this week, you can go to Saturday and then jump into Monday. I make it as flexible as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment