Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back to the real world

My feet are finally starting to think about touching the ground after an amazing week at Seduction of Silence with Dr. Chopra. It's always a tough transition coming back to earth after having a week to meditate, practice yoga and eat amazing vegetarian food. While I did not levitate, I certainly did feel a sense of levity which I had hoped to take home with me.

Its funny because the return back to normal is leaving me feeling a little listless and purposeless. I'm not sure if this is because through intensive meditation you get such a huge glimpse of the "bigger picture" making this everyday existence seem dull in comparison or if your senses become so fine tuned that this everyday existence seems draining. More acutely, I'm aware that I have very few thoughts and a tendency to drift toward windows to stare at the pretty fluffy clouds. Napping sounds really good.

There is a stage in spiritual growth that is called the "hanged man". This is a stage of powerful stillness. This is a stage where the outside world goes away and you become engrossed in the most detached way in your inner stillness. You find yourself not concerned about anything or simply having complete faith in what is and what is to be. This is a step towards what we call "samadhi" or "bliss" in yoga. It is a big part of unification of body, mind and spirit. I am hoping that I have entered this stage of cocooning because it means that I will come out on the other side. I can't stay in this la la land. I have too much fun thinking thoughts. I got stuff to do!


Do I seem confused? I am. This I know, I will continue with this new meditation practice because I want to see where it leads me. I'm always excited to take a new form. My new practice is one hour each day with my primordial sound, my chakra sutras, my sensory sutras, my flying sutras and astral traveling. I don't really have any attachment to levitation or astral traveling, but the process is fun and does make you feel "lighter". Astral traveling, if nothing else, is a great exercise for your imagination which makes your brain happy.

I'm off to get some work done...and believe me...it feels like work!

No comments:

Post a Comment