Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today it got weird...in a good way

So today was the day that we received Pantanjali's "flying sutra" as it is known. The purpose of which is to levitate you. The meditation began with my primordial sound. A primordial sound is kind of like "so hum" only it is specifically tailored to you based on the position of the moon on the day that you were born. I've had my sound for about 5 or 6 years now and am very comfortable with it. We next went to the sutras for the chakras. Each sutra has four chakras. These sutras were given to me the last time I attended Seduction of Silence. They must be passed down through a lineage to have power. We then went to the Sutras we received yesterday which were all about withdrawing or fine-tuning senses. We then went to our new Sutra which is the "flying sutra".

That's when life got crazy. Of course, my eyes were closed and I was very focused on my own experience, but I couldå hear people kinda popping up and down. It was really really cool. Lots of other things started to happen too. For me, I experienced an amazing shift of all my energy going up. It just went up. I can't explain it better than that. It was as if the energy of my entire body was going out of my head. This was accompanied by an overwhelming sense of lightness and giddiness. I laughed A LOT! It felt so good. My head did a little move of its own which was not of my control. I don't know what it was doing. I was very aware of all of this, but so happy and giddy that I just didn't worry about another thing.

Now I did not bounce and I did not float. I'm sure that other people did. What I did feel was, well, levity...lightness of being. I felt so light and so connected and so incredibly happy. It was awesome.

When that experience ended, we cleared the room...in silence. I really wanted to talk to everyone because I was just so surprised. I mean....are you kidding me????? Wow. Anyhow, we came back to the room and had a special treat. Dr. Simon led us through another mind-blowing experience. I'm going to get a little goofy here, so bare with me and know that I will eventually someday return to normal. We laid in Shavasana and Dr. Simon led us through Yoga Nidra. This in not the one we do in the studio, this one focused on turning our bodies into light. We then did holotropic breathing for 15 minutes straight. Holotropic breathing is when you breath in and out through your mouth. Each in is one second and each out is one second. It is very very forceful. You are NEVER to do holotropic breathing alone or unassisted. It's intense. The purpose of this breath is to shut down your brain on many levels so that only your reptilian brain is responding. This allows you to go off to la la land in a magical way.

Let me back up. The Yoga Nidra led us to the base of a beautiful tree. At the bottom, was someone that we wished to meet. At the bottom of my tree was BaBa, who I have been flirting with for some time. He's an old Indian (from India) man who is very slight. He has light skin though. His hair is whispy and white. He wears a white robe with an orange sash. From the side, he looks very kind and wise...just like you'd expect. From the front, however, his face is chiseled and he has no eyes. His eyes are simply black holes that you can see the entire universe through. At the end of Yoga Nidra and before holtropic breathing, I got to go through those eyes.....

Back to breathing. When you practice this breath, your lips go numb first and then your fingers and toes and it works its way to your entire core. You become freezing cold. You end up contracted into yourself, rolled on your side and curled up in a fetal position. None of this you are really chosing to do...your body simply goes there. When the fifteen minutes of breathing is completed (you should have heard the noise in the room....unimaginable), you drift.

Let me back up again. Going into this you ask the person at the bottom of the tree a question. You can ask any question you want to know the answer to. Whenever I have the opportunity to play in such a profound way, I always ask "how can I help, how can serve?". Today I added "how can I lead?" These questions stem from my unending desire to do things bigger and bigger and better and....those of you who know me know...

So, back to drifting....Seeing through the eyes of Baba I got to see the entire universe recreate itself. It was a beautiful storm that I can't describe and much much more. My answer came through a whisper...I will keep that to myself as I feel it was Baba's whisper to me alone. I will tell you laying in fetal position and just exhausted from breathing and completely out of my body....it was incredible. My eyes simply cried. My heart simply exploded. My flesh felt simply to small too hold me.

Profound gratitude. Thank you God...who I now call Baba although he may just be an Indian dude...for the blessings in my life. Thank you for my children. I don't know why they chose me or what I am to teach them, but I sure am learning a heck of a lot from them. Thank you for my mother. She is the kindest and sweetest woman on the planet. She always has my back. Thank you for my love, Michael...my chance to truly love someone the way that love was supposed to be loved.

I might be back to normal tomorrow...actually...I hope I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment