Friday, February 8, 2013

Enough Complaining Though.....

It’s 6:30 pm here in Rishikesh, India.  I’m sitting in my new bed at the Nirvana Hotel.  Zant and I totally wimped out of the Ashram life along with every other person over the age of 40 and employed.  It was just terrible and we, along with everyone else, were getting sick from the deplorable conditions and the inability to sleep.  We’ve had horrible rains that are not the norm making our dingy and damp cell even more dingy and damp.  Yoga as well as dining is from 3:30 am to 5:30 pm, in tents, that are torn from the winds and leaking.

Enough complaining though.  It’s day 6 I believe and we’ve been told if we can make it through day 7, we will make it.  The Kundalini yoga is intense (and in tents…that’s supposed to be funny.  I’m delirious…humor me).  I can honestly say I’ve never worked so hard in all of my life.  I think a  marine would have the same thing to say.  It’s just brutal and most folks are sore and injured on some level.  Zant’s lower back is killing him and he is off to the Ayurvedic doctor tonight with a swollen lymph node and to get something to sleep.  With the exception of a now prolapsed uterus (it doesn’t like too much intense stuff like squatting up and down nonstop for 15 minutes), constipation, looking like I’ve aged 10 years, and overall exhaustion, I’m doing great.

They keep telling us the Kundalini is working.  I keep asking what crime against humanity did I commit to commit myself here. 

Enough complaining though…..

Spiritually?  hmmm.  That’s hard to answer.  I’m learning a lot about how to teach Kundalini.  The teachers are simply amazing and I feel like I’m learning from the best of the best.  I love morning practice (Sadhana).  It simply sends me to other realms.  Personally, I have noticed that I can easily complete any kriya regardless of length or intensity if I simply think about work.  Of course, this supports that I am a workaholic and use work as my escape.  So,  I’m trying to just stare down the tip of my nose and get through minute 11 of our 31 minute sets while merging into the bliss of the infinite.  The merge must happen post minute 11…I’ll let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment