Monday, February 11, 2013

It’s the 9th of February and thus the 9th day of Kundalini Teacher Training.  My brain must be coming on a bit because I’ve finally figured out that if you start something on the first of the month, then the day you are on is the day of the month.  Welcome to insanity. 

Day 9 was a rough one.  I have a severe head cold and sinus infection now.  Please don’t think I’m a total wimp, most of the now 127 (3 have dropped out that I’m aware of) have been cycling through some illness or another. I do feel like a wimp as my pranayama is non existent and I can’t put my head down in any of the poses without severe pounding to my temple.  The bottom line is if you don’t do the kriya, pranayama, and meditation, I don’t think any of this yoga stuff works.  I’m counting on the 126 other humans in the room to carry me at this point.  The fun part of being sick is going to an Ayurvedic physician and taking all kinds of super awesome herbs that I don’t even know the names of.  I’m on a rejuvenate and some sticky syrup that the ladies pour into a small cup for me each morning.

Of course my reason for coming is to learn how to teach Kundalini yoga so that I can teach all of you.   Of course as a human, I got some work to do on a personal level too.  I’ve hit an emotional wall and had the lovely synchronistic pleasure of opening Facebook to my dear friend Sat Siri’s post.  It said the following and is just what I needed to hear….

It may be that when we no longer know what to do
we have come to our real work,
and that when we no longer know which way to go
we have come to our real journey.
The mind that is not baffled is not employed.
The impeded stream is the one that sings.

(Wendell Berry, 1934 - )

No comments:

Post a Comment