Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Kudalini Teacher Training Day 11

It’s day 11.  My severe head cold moved to the nose yesterday and down to the chest today.  This is a total improvement and I feel so much better.  The sun is out pretty consistently now by 9 am. (It is freezing and you can see your breath at 3:30 am though.) That means that the days are glorious.  I can’t really tell you what happened other than that, but I am slowly falling in love with India.  I doubt I’ll ever get over the cow poop everywhere, but I just adore the cows.  There’s six of them on my way from the hotel to the yoga tent and I’m slowly naming them.  Tyler is my favorite.

Kundalini today was just awesome. I can’t get over the quality of teachers.  Each one is a professor of this or that and most have written books.  Today we learned about the ten bodies, a concept found only in Kundalini yoga.  It’s a beautiful way to look at the quality of the mind.  I can’t wait to share it with you when I return.  We had an entire morning of numerology and I will have a workshop on that and how it reveals your gifts, your challenges, and your life’s purpose.  I want to teach you which body to activate using your numerology.  It’s incredibly insightful.

My destiny is an 11 and that is a teacher of teachers.  It means infinity and the ability to attune to the divine and see truth for all.  Bringing balance to this number is the practice of reciting the words of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib.  This is a 1400+ page text that was handed down from Guru to Guru in the Sikh tradition.  It’s pretty much all of yoga.  During morning practice or Sadhana we recite for 27 minutes mantra called Japji Sahib.  It’s 40 phrases summing up the 1400 page text.   I just LOVE it.  I’m fascinated with the phrases and meaning.  Here is a phrase for you:

Virtue and vice do not come by mere words;
Actions repeated, over and over again, are engraved on the soul.
You shall harvest what you plant.

Of course that is speaking to Karma.  Yesterday Anand Boding, yogi and astrologer, who is just brilliant spoke about Karma in a way that I just totally had one of those moments.  He gave the example of a little boy born in a slum.  This little boy has the probability of having a very hard life.  He also has the possibility of not having a hard life.  By virtue of the sum choices we make collectively as a society, the field of probably narrows and most likely he will have a hard life in the slums.  This is regardless of the fact that there is enough food to feed the whole world, enough medicine to treat the whole world, and enough people who would love to adopt little boys from the slums.  If each and every one of us were to simply get up with the attitude of helping and serving, the karma….his karma…would change.  He isn’t doomed. We collectively doom him.

I cried when I heard him say that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment