Monday, August 2, 2010

The toxicity of Summer.....

Oh my....what a super fun summer!

My kids were home from school. I couldn't effectively get to my yoga practice and puke on the Roller Coasters at Kings Island at the same time.

I intended to work out of my home to be flexible for my kiddies. I couldn't effectively WORK, meditate, spend time in silence or enjoy nature because those little guys clearly DON'T GET IT!!

I intended to eat really really healthy, but who can resist a hot dog at a Reds game, a barbecue of chicken and ribs in the back yard or a gorgeous Turtle Sunday full of chocolate and pecans.

I intended to drink lots of mint waters and teas, but have I mentioned how good a cold crisp Chardonnay tastes on a summer evening? Not to mention a minty mohito or a salty margie....mmmmm.

Anyhooooo, I've gained 5 pounds, my skin looks rough and sallow, I'm irritable, grumpy, moody...think road rage. My thoughts have become human again. Worried about the future; regretting the past; I have lost myself.

Time to clean up this toxic mess. I started the Ayurvedic Cleanse that I administer (the Elemental Immersion) on Friday. I'm sitting in Monday and have already lost 2 pounds. I woke up this morning bright eyed and bushy tail and ready to kick some yogi buddhi! I went cold turkey on alcohol, meat and processed foods. I did have some cheese and have done this enough to know that I must wean from coffee or I will get headaches. I went back to my meditation chair, turned off all the noise and distraction, started journaling and created Mantras for use throughout my day. I'm intensely working on my intentions and desires to manifest my future. It's magic. It works.

I will be offering the Elemental Immersion to you this fall beginning the week of September 13th. I'm very excited because it will be offered in three different sessions in Cincinnati on Red Bank Road as well as in Lebanon. CLICK HERE to learn more and to sign up. I've tweaked the program even more over the summer to incorporate additional relevant nutritional studies and will be offering each participants two paths....do you want to really lose weight and get all the other stuff or do you just want all the other stuff because you don't really need to lose that much weight?

Have fun the rest of your summer. Clean it up this fall!

The Elemental Immersion is a 28 day course that teaches the ancient science of Ayurveda in simple & elegant step-by-step process. The 5 week course empowers individuals to replace limiting thoughts, beliefs & addictions with habits & practices that support their holistic well being. As a result participants experience greater health, energy and vitality in their ̢۬everyday lives. Other benefits of this transformational program include, natural weight̢۬loss, a deep sense of groundedness, spiritual connection & mental clarity.

FALL SESSIONS FORMING!

The Elemental Immersion,

No comments:

Post a Comment