Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Desire

Many spiritual purists claim that desire is a quality that should be controlled. They pray and meditate and practice to squash their desire failing to see that desire is what animates us. Because of God's desire to create, we have the Universe.

I have lived completely unconsciously following my desires around with ignorance. I have lived very consciously pushing desire aside until I had no more. I have found space and peace during this journey and it now occurs to me to desire again. This is truly the Wheel of Life in action.

The Wheel of Life is not truly a wheel, it is a spiral. As we grow spiritually, we spiral outward and become larger and larger. As we desire, we grow. As we release desire, we grow. We then must desire again to grow.

Sitting here on the porch of a beautiful beach house watching the waves play, I desire a beach house! I think I will put it on my intentions and desires list.

No comments:

Post a Comment