Thursday, July 23, 2009

True Love

I signed up on myspace. I'm also on facebook, linked in and all the other various forms of social media marketing. It's a "must" nowadays if you have a business or are in the business of selling. I'm still trying to figure out why it is a must, but I love my computer and writing so I'm in.

It's really fun. You get lots of interesting questions from all over the world. There is a boy from Africa who is a pen pal and a friend from S. Dakota. Ex-boyfriends keep in touch and people I went to school with find me. I love hearing about their lives.

Oddly, myspace is a little different. There are lots of requests for romance with long paragraphs on what the person is looking for in a partner. Many are looking for fun. Most are looking for love. I recently read that one in eight marriages are now started as on-line romances.

When I think of love and being in a committed relationship, I always go back to That Nich Hahn's beautiful book called "True Love". That Nich Hahn is a Zen Buddhist Monk. He writes beautifully and simply. In this book are the mantras for true love that I share with you now.

HOW TO LOVE:


1. Be there: Ask yourself, do I have time to love? Each day a little bit of time should be spent loving. Say to the person “I am here for you”

2. Recognize the presence of another.
Say to the person “I know that you are here and it makes me very happy.”

3. Be there when someone is suffering.

Say to the person, “I know that you are suffering and I am here for you.”

4. Overcoming pride.
Say to the person “I am suffering and I need your help”

Making this your daily practice enhances the experience of love. It honors the other person and they in turn honor you. It is magical and totally works. I practice this with my children and someday I will practice with my "true love". Good luck friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment