Monday, July 20, 2009

Uncertainty

I have a beautiful best friend who is truly the most optimistic and wonderful person I know. She is a Sagittarius through and through. I have seen her suffer more than anyone I know in the last four years. She has lost both parents to cancer, divorced, lost the family home and all of her possessions and switched jobs three times.

Now you might think she sounds like a wreck. She’s not. She was very present for her father’s death, she moved her mother in with her and nursed her through her cancer while going through her divorce, she is friendly toward her ex putting her child first, she gave her ex everything because she felt so bad for failing at her marriage, she took very little alimony and every job switch has landed her a better job.

She’s my hero.

She gets little sympathy from others because she always has a smile on her face. If you ask her how she is she will tell you the details of her life and spin it in a positive way. She lands on her feet.

I’ve seen her suffer. She and I do not share the same spiritual path. For me, its an obsession and passion. For her, she lives her life and knows Source watches over her. Lately, she has started asking the larger questions of life...why has all of this happened? why are people unkind and not understanding of my feelings? why?

I don’t know. I just know that every single day is a lesson. My philosophy is that when all the lessons of this life are learned, we let go. Each day I pray for more uncertainty than the day before. Each day I pray that Source brings me a new lesson. Today I pray that Source brings her a joyful lesson full of love. Out there in that field of possibilities lives an amazing life. You will have true love. You will have lazy carefree days. You will have peace and happiness. You will have joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment