Thursday, August 13, 2009

Choices

I am so blessed to be able to do what I love for a living. Owning a yoga studio is joy and bliss on a daily basis. I’m spoiled rotten too because I’m surrounded by people who are consciously trying to heal their minds, bodies and spirits on all levels. They are people who are intent on facilitating change in their life. They are looking inward, not liking this or that and consciously changing. It is powerful to watch and a blessing to be part of.

I’m so spoiled in fact that I just assume the entire planet is full of humans just like my yogis...people who want to make a difference and want to be better people. People who care, are nonjudgmental and working consciously to realize their dreams. People who realize the importance of having a vision and a dream.

Because of this, I struggle in the real world. I find myself more and more frustrated with people who are not doing their work. This is my biggest challenge. They actually make me mad. I want to grab their shoulders and shake them and scream “Make a different choice TODAY”. Please stop feeling sorry for yourself, please unstick yourself. Dump him, dump her, quit that loser job, stop eating crap and go for a walk. Get rid of the cigarettes and bag of potato chips. Just do something...anything...I’m begging you....DIFFERENT! Anger is exhausting.

What is the lesson? For me, the lesson is obviously nonjudgement. I think the bigger lesson, however, is to know and honor that each person is responsible for himself. Each person is on their own singular journey and not every person is on a spiritual or self-improvement quest. You can only help the person that wants help. First, they have to help themselves just a little to get things moving.

That having been said, please just make one better choice today. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment