Sunday, August 23, 2009

perfection

I had the perfect weekend with my kids. I guess I could give credit to the fact that it was our last weekend before school starts, but it was much more than that. We had the usual things to do to prepare for school. We went to the junior high and tried out the new locker and found our classes. We tried to figure out the bus schedule. We bought clothes and school supplies. It was busy.

Many years, this has resulted in frustration as you run from place to place. There is always something on the supply list that you can't find. This year it was clear plastic pocket folders. We went to Staples, Office Max, Biggs, Krogers and Costco. We went to Justice and Journeys and Dicks. We ran and ran. We had fun. We had so much fun.

Having fun is a gift you shouldn't question, but I had to wonder why this weekend was so great. What I realized is that my two children and I shared the same goals this weekend. We had the same intentions and desires. We wanted each other to be happy and we were very present with each other's needs. Staples was too girly for my 12 year old son. My 9 year old daughter loved it. Office Max was a hit with both and Costco met our needs for "freebies" when we were starving. There was a perfect ebb and flow and I can only contribute it to this perfect union of little souls all traveling on the same path for a weekend. It was effortless.

We are meant to live in this effortless and fun state even as we run crazy through Target. If you understand that it truly is all about the other person (serving humanity), then it is amazing how your own needs get effortlessly met. Everyday, ask the Universe "how can I help? how can I serve?" It will change your busy weekends.



Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment