Monday, August 3, 2009

tilting...

I firmly believe that everyone should get up in the morning and sit quietly for 10 minutes minimum. You don't have to meditate....unless you want. Just sit quietly and enjoy nature. If the whole world participated in this "gift to self", I believe we would have world peace. I didn't get to sit by my pond today. I got up and hit my mac and got sucked into twitter, facebook, blogspot, marketing, emailing, accounting and writing newsletters. These are all things you must do nowadays to run a successful business. The good news is that I love all this stuff. The bad news is is that it is easy to get sucked in and not take those precious moments.

I haven't missed a day by my pond since I put it in. I could hear it out the window, but it wasn't the same. I willed myself to move to the pond and work, but I couldn't move. I miss that body of water. I went to the studio and filled up the sink and splashed around a little. It just didn't have the same soothing effect as being under a gorgeous honey locust and smelling my neighbor flowers and listening to that perfect splash of the fountain. ahhhh

In yoga I couldn't balance. I kept falling over. The world was tilting. This is very embarrassing for a yoga instructor even if we believe we have overcome our ego. The students look at you and think..."gosh, she sucks".

I'm going to go for a walk on the bike trail by the Little Miami River today. I'm going to throw some rocks and stick my feet in. My work can wait because my innerwork cannot. Take time for yourself daily. Find your silent self and connect. Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment