Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lovers

In the studio, subjects tend to appear for short periods of time and play in each class. We have been doing a lot of yin yoga which is getting into the root and sacral chakra. Naturally, the questions have turned to love and sex. It appears that people are craving much more intimacy than they are actually realizing. No one appears "unhappy", but clearly a little more lovemaking would add to the play in life.

Why are we avoiding sex? Why are we treating it like a chore to be done at the end of our exhausting days? Lovemaking is one of the easiest ways to achieve a meditative state. You are completely lost in movement, your senses are drawn inward, you are totally focused on sensation...you are thinking of nothing but sensual pleasure.

If you have a meditation practice, you will notice that sometimes you set it aside and it is difficult to get back to it. You have to start the habit over by scheduling a time of day to sit down and do it. It feels like a chore. After awhile, you begin to crave your meditation and happily go to it. If you miss the meditation, you become a little stressed and grumpy. Look at your lovemaking that way. Just begin the practice of lovemaking. Set aside a little time each day and get back to it. It may feel like a chore. After awhile, you will begin to crave it and you will happily take the time to do it. Don't miss it. You may become stressed and a little grumpy.

Below is a beautiful poem that was sent to me by coincidence this week. Read it for inspiration.

The Lover's Touch
Diana Daffner

The Lover asked: How would you like me to touch you?

The Lover answered: Woman with sensual red lips and white rose

I would like you to touch me as if you were going away tomorrow, far far away,
and you wanted to remember the feel of my body, the texture of my skin, the
hills and valleys that make up the landscape of who I am...

I would like you to touch me as if you were blind, knowing that you love me, but
unable to see me. Touch my face, my breasts, my belly, my toes... learn what I
"look" like, imagine me in your mind as your hands explore my shape.

I would like you to touch me as if your hands were healing hands, radiating love
energy with every stroke. Feel the energy penetrating through skin, through
flesh, entering into the cells of my body.

I would like you to touch me as if you gained your nourishment through your
hands. Feed on me, drink deeply and draw from your touch the love that I hold
for you.

I would like you to touch me as if you were feeding me through your hands, as if
by your touch I am nourished and sustained. Every inch of me cries out for your
touch, yearns to be fed.

I would like you to touch me as if your hand were a feather, lightly caressing
the edge of my being.

I would like you to touch me as if your hands were paintbrushes, and as you
caress me, you are coloring me in brilliant, sparkling, dazzling hues.

I would like you to touch me as if you were erasing the outer me, allowing me to
reveal my inner self to you.

I would like you to touch me as if you had carved a sculpture, and were now
feeling its finish, smoothing out any rough areas, enjoying the finished
product.

I would like you to touch me as if your hands were fire, burning away the dross
and leaving only the pure gold of my soul.

I would like you to touch me as if your hands were sponges, soaking up the
essence of my being.

I would like you to caress me as if I were made of dry clay, and by dampening my
skin you enliven my spirit.

I would like you to touch me as if my skin were soft velvet.

I would like you to touch me as if you were a musician, and your touch brought
forth different sounds from different parts of me.

I would like you to touch me as if I were a rare jewel, precious and valuable.

I would like you to touch me as if I were your Lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment