Friday, June 5, 2009

Doing and Being

My children are out of school for the summer. We've had a couple of fun days now. They had to hang at the studio a bit, but we squeezed Kings Island in as well. We seem to be having fun regardless of our activities and I believe it is the difference between being and doing that creates the fun.

Children are naturally talented at simply "being". They never care where they are and they can turn anything into a game or an exciting adventure. Parents plan. We organize and get little people to where they need to be. We make sure everyone is fed and covered in sunscreen and in our next thought we forget to simply be in the moment.

I'm going to keep planning, but I intend to look at each piece of our day as its own special segment. I intend to put all my intention on that particular segment whether it be shopping for groceries or waiting in line at Kings Island. This summer I intend to simply BE with my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment