Friday, June 5, 2009

The rack in the microwave

There is a metal rack in my microwave. It sits above the little plate that spins around. It was there when I moved into my house. I've taken everything out of the microwave to clean and put it all back together. Now the rack is in the way of everything. You can barely squeeze your cup of coffee onto the plate to reheat it. I didn't notice this situation until I took the microwave apart to clean it. Obviously, I have put it back together wrong.

Each time I use the microwave I pause and examine it to figure out if there is a better way to put the wrack back in. Honestly, I can't figure it out. As far as I can see there is only one choice and that one choice is not working. This has become quite a thorn in my side. I have spilt food and burned myself. I have heated things on the stove instead. I have eaten food cold.


Today I took the rack out of the microwave and put it in the closet.
There is always another choice. In any situation, pause and ask yourself "Will this choice bring me and others happiness?". If the answer is no to either, make a different choice. This is how we transcend Karma. There is always another choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment